9th Grade FACS

Go down

9th Grade FACS

Post  kswearngin on Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:08 am

[b] Cool
We are currently working on our Clothing and Textiles unit. We have covered chapters 33, 34 and 39 in the Building Life Skills text. We will have a unit exam on Tuesday Jan. 29th and then we will start working on our Recycled Clothing project. (attached)
Laughing Clothing Construction
Recycled clothing project
9th grade FACS

We are going to try something new – due to not having sewing machines at the high school; an idea was given to me to do a “Recycled Clothing Item.”
The guidelines and expectations are listed below and will be a learning experience for both of us. The item you choose to create needs to be school appropriate and you must be able to tell my it’s practical use. Here it is…

1. Must pick an item of clothing that has parent /guardian approval.
Do not bring a new pair of pants or a new coat to work on if you do not have permission first. I am not responsible for what you pick as your project.

2. Because this is a “Recycled” clothing item you do not need to go out
and buy a new clothing item for class.

3. The only cost involved is if I don’t have what you are looking for to
put onto your clothing item. Being my 1st year supplies are very limited!!!

4. Most all work will need to be completed by hand. (I will see if I can
borrow a machine from the Middle school.!???)

5. You will be graded on the following:
1. Creativity
2. Originality
3. Classroom participation
* use of class time
* how productive you are each day.

I would like for each student to have an item here to work on by Wednesday January 30th. With this being a long weekend I wanted to give the students time to look around to see what to come up with. A list of examples have been created by the classes to use only as a start to get the brain flowing in the right direction, But as long as you follow the guidelines stated above the sky is the limit. Have fun and Good luck!!!!!!

Jean Bag or backpack
Duct tape dress
Duct tape wallet
CD dress or shirt.
Jean skirt
Decorated backpack or bag.
Decorated shoes
ETC.......

kswearngin

View user profile

Back to top Go down